Television Meteorologist and Media Personality
For nearly three decades Brian Sussman has been a top media personality in the San Francisco Bay Area. For many of those years he was the market’s top television meteorologist and recognized by his peers as one of the most accurate and entertaining in the business. His accolades include nearly two dozen state and regional awards for “Best Weathercast” from the Associated Press and Radio-TV News Directors Association, a handful of Emmys, and an award of merit from the National Education Association for his enlightening science reporting. During the 1990s Brian served as the fill-in weatherman on the nationally broadcast CBS Morning Show with Harry Smith.
Brian’s Kids Organization –
Helping with Adoption of Foster Kids
Sussman has also been recognized by the State of California for assisting in the adoption of foster children. Through his organization, Brian’s Kids, Sussman utilized the airwaves of KPIX-TV in San Francisco to highlight children waiting for adoptive families. Between 1989 and 2001, four hundred foster children were placed into permanent families thanks to Brian’s Kids. Even Sussman’s own family expanded via adoption during those special years. Brian is currently retooling the foundation in order to present college scholarships to teenagers who are being emancipated from foster care.
Conservative Talk Radio Host
Brian left the TV airwaves in 2001 with the goal of transitioning into talk radio. He began as a guest host on KSFO in 2002 and the following year was given the opportunity to host an evening show. By 2009 his program was amongst the most popular on the station’s lineup. In February of 2010 Sussman was promoted to headline the KSFO morning show—the top morning talk show in the Bay Area, and one of the most successful conservative morning talk shows in the country.
For several years Brian was a regular fill-in host for syndicated talker Mark Levin. In 2015 he was approached by Michael Savage to do the same and accepted the offer. “It only made sense,” says Sussman. “After our Morning Show, Michael’s is the highest rated program on KSFO. Plus Savage has always been a gracious friend.”
Best Selling Author
Sussman’s bestselling book, Climategate: A Veteran Meteorologist Exposes The Global Warming Scam, was released on Earth Day, 2010. His next book, Eco-Tyranny: How the Left’s Green Agenda Will Dismantle America, hit the stores April 17, 2012, and immediately became a bestseller.
Family & Personal
- Born: East Los Angeles
- High School: Glenbrook South, Glenview, Illinois
- Undergrad: University Missouri
- Married to teenage sweetheart…”a match made in Heaven!”
- Four children
- Favorite food: “anything made by my oldest son, a professional chef.”
- Favorite pastime: “watching my kids succeed in life.”
- Funniest person I know: my youngest son–should be in standup.
- Nicest person I ever met: my daughter (who appropriately is a marriage and family therapist).
- Favorite car ever owned: 1989 Mercedes 560 SEC (worst car, 1976 Chevy Vega; current car, “The Rental.”)
- Fan of: the Forty Niners, Santana’s music (as opposed to Santana’s politics), Dr. James Dobson
- Hobbies: playing in local rock band (“No, I’ll never disclose the band’s name”).