Michigan Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has made yet another shocking and ignorant claim: thinking about the Holocaust gives her a “calming feeling” because her Palestinian ancestors provided a “safe haven” for Jewish victims of the tragedy.
On a podcast she said,
“There’s always kind of a calming feeling I tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports. And just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them.”
What an idiot. Her last line reveals her twisted heart: apparently her “ancestors” (meaning her Islamist cousins) were somehow “forced” to behave in a benevolent fashion towards the persecuted Jews.
Besides that, she is purposely avoiding the historical facts:
- The Jewish presence in the area currently known as Israel dates back thousands of years, and the modern migration of Jews to Israel pre-dated the Holocaust by many decades (1880s).
- The Balfour Declaration of 1917, (drafted by the British government) supported the establishment of a Jewish state in the area, an idea rejected by Arabs.
- In 1937, the British Peel Commission proposed a two-state solution to Jews and Arabs, which the Arabs again rejected.
- During World War II, the supreme Palestinian leader, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Muhammad Amin al-Husayni, met with Adolf Hitler and allied with the Nazis, recruiting young men of Islamic faith for service in German military.
- After World War II, when the Jewish people declared the state of Israel, their official proclamation stated, “We appeal – in the very midst of the onslaught launched against us now for months – to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace and participate in the upbuilding of the State on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its provisional and permanent institutions.” Arab leaders responded by encouraging Arabs to immediately flee Israel, and the next day, Israel was invaded by Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq.
Tlaib’s claims are void of ANY truth.
Nancy Pelosi should censor this fanatic, if not, any Jew (or authentic Christian) who continues to vote Democratic is committing political suicide.